Sunday, November 23, 2008

What happened to September and October?


Ade with his cousins. L to R: Nathan, Ade and Hannah.

Goodness, I don't know what's taken me so long to get back on here and write something down. The longer I wait, the less I know what to write.

Ade's personality continues to make itself known. He is an amazing little person. Quite serious one minute, then raucous and silly the next. Always energetic and curious.

He speeks more and more words, more and more clearly all the time. What word was it that caught me off guard the other day? Oh yeah, he said "either." I told him I didn't like something, he said "Me either" with a serious look on his face. I couldn't help but laugh. Oh yeah, it's been so long since I posted I forgot about the defining word of the past five or six weeks:

"WHY?"

Everything is "why?"

Dad: "Let's get our pajamas on buddy."
Ade: "Why?"
Dad: "Because its almost bed time."
Ade: "Why?"
Dad: "It's dark outside and its getting late, so it's time for you to go to bed."
Ade: "Why?"
Dad: "You've had a busy day, and your body needs to recharge."
Ade: "Recharge? Why?"
...You get the picture.

It can be exasparating but it really is fascinating to see the wheels turning in his mind. I'm trying hard not to let it be frustrating so it doesn't become a game. Initially Ade used the word "Why" in place of because, i.e. "Ade, why did you do that." Ade: "Why I'm hungry." His appropriate use of the word "why" was quickly followed by using the word "cuz." Go figure.

Just a couple guys being silly:



What else have we done in the past, say, 2 months? ALOT!

Played baseball in our underwear:


Patterson Family got together because Uncle Mike was being honored as distinguished alumni of the year at Corban College. Ade cooperated for the picture...


Hung out with the cousins:


Oregon Coast Aquarium:



Pumpkin patch with cousins Hannah and Nathan:




Put our pajamas on by ourselves (kinda):


Went trick-or-treating with Aunt Carissa:


That's enough for now, I'll try to post more often in the future.

Peace.

1 comment:

The Colemans said...

Awesome Blog little Adam!! Josiah had the same Halloween costume. Too bad you couldn't trick-or-treat together. Hope to see you all soon.